Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhinobundy
Contributor
Contributor

Sorting in Excel sheet created by NPrinting

Hi,

I have created an Excelsheet with NPrinting, as source I use a Qlik Sense App. In Qlik Sense I made a sheet and ordered the data as I want to see in the Excel sheet.  Month in desc order, Cat in asc order.
In the excel sheet I have 2 levels.  The ordering in this excel sheet is for both levels asc order, But I want the month desc order. How can I manage that?

<Month>
             <Cat>
           </Cat>
</Month>
I use the latetst version of NPrinting.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Apologies - i do not understand what you are trying to do. I am assuming that you are trying to use only one table from Qlik sense to do everything for you. This is not always possible.

Well for NPrinting purpose you can create many tables in the format you require it to build final NPrinting report, so i do not see any correlation why table would be a problem. To be frank you can create 1 or 2  tables, say: one with months and another with other dimension used in level. 

The most important thing is that if you use table as a level node it will iterate through its dimension values based on order set in table. The another benefit of this approach is that it will not iterate through values which are excluded from table by suppressing 0 values or nulls 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is dependent on how you created your Month & Cat levels in NPrinting. Have you used for both a Qlik Sense table or individual fields?

I would use a table where i would manage sorting in Qlik Sense chart Properties panel.

regards

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rhinobundy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your answer. 

Every month, users receive data that they must supplement with their own data. To know what they have mutated in the previous periods, they also want the data in the same report as a reference.

There also have to be a subtotal for each period.The data of the last month is therefore always supplemented by the user and data from the preceding months must be shown for information. In order to ensure that, I want the data that have to be completed is at the top, I therefore want a sorting period descending. I thought a table would not be the right choice for this situation because of the mutation

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Apologies - i do not understand what you are trying to do. I am assuming that you are trying to use only one table from Qlik sense to do everything for you. This is not always possible.

Well for NPrinting purpose you can create many tables in the format you require it to build final NPrinting report, so i do not see any correlation why table would be a problem. To be frank you can create 1 or 2  tables, say: one with months and another with other dimension used in level. 

The most important thing is that if you use table as a level node it will iterate through its dimension values based on order set in table. The another benefit of this approach is that it will not iterate through values which are excluded from table by suppressing 0 values or nulls