Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arjun8443
Contributor
Contributor

Sorting in the chart is not working in Pixel Perfect

Hello 

Unable to sort the date, the issue is in my report I am using the many charts and in that all other charts are sorted properly some charts date not sorted correct.

Not Sorted DateNot Sorted Date

but I am using the same data source for the below chart its sorted well

sorted datesorted date

and also I have set the sorting based on the Argument

Tool.PNG

In Qliksense straight table its well sorted,

I am not sure why its not sorting for above chart

Please help

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you checked under the axis properties?

i am not sure if it is there as i cannot check it now, but this is a place where i would look for it

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry - when I am looking at your chart images they both seem to be sorted based on US date format correctly. 

Can you help me where is it not sorted properly? So far everything looks ok.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Arjun8443
Contributor
Contributor
Author

on the first chart its not sorted in chronological order

after march and then I see 03/9/2021 and then I have this feb date (2/11/2021)

Arjun8443_0-1625136034799.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I see...Shouldn't your argument scale type be DateTime?

2021-07-01_20-54-28.jpg

Arjun8443
Contributor
Contributor
Author

But when I tried to change the scale to date time its not allowing

Arjun8443_0-1625137310085.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What about Numerical?

I would also check how the date field is created in Qlik Sense. What is the field tag in data model? Is it text field, or dual or numericalel,date, integer.....

Arjun8443
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Its a date formatted

Arjun8443_0-1625137790613.png

and also I used the same datefield for other chart its seems good

Arjun8443_1-1625137884824.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is not Date. You can see that it is left alligned which indicates that it is a TEXT!

The field type I was talking about you can see in Data Model Viewer when selecting field - there you will be able to see field type.

@Ruggero_Piccoli - do you have any insights on what type of data is supported as argument (DateTime) ?

Arjun8443
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Arjun8443_1-1625139273045.png

it is  a date format but as you see below chart , the same date I am using but gets sorted perfectly

Arjun8443_0-1625139227396.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is confusing. In model you showed me Date and on chart you use EntryDate dimension. Is this the same field?
I dont know what else i can suggest…

like i mentioned in previous post you may try to use numerical sorting which in case of date is used typically in qlik sense to allow for proper date sorting…