Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shatings
Contributor II
Contributor II

Splitting rows between sheets

Hello,

I have a report template I'm building in Nprinting with imported fields from QlikView. One field can sometimes have up to 100 or so rows, but for formatting purposes of the report I'm building, we can only include 35 rows of data per sheet in Excel. Is there a way to set this up? I don't think the add page function will work here, as it will spilt up each row of data.  I need it to split up every 35 rows of data. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When posting a new question please remember to select the correct label with the version of Qlik NPrinting you are using, thanks.

There is not a native feature to split data on a new worksheet every certain number of rows. You could create a new field in your QlikView reload script with a new integer value every 35 rows than you will add that field in the Pages node. Because to create a new worksheet for every distinct value of a field you must use Pages. Instead if you want to create a different workbook (a different Excel file) you have to create a cycle.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When posting a new question please remember to select the correct label with the version of Qlik NPrinting you are using, thanks.

There is not a native feature to split data on a new worksheet every certain number of rows. You could create a new field in your QlikView reload script with a new integer value every 35 rows than you will add that field in the Pages node. Because to create a new worksheet for every distinct value of a field you must use Pages. Instead if you want to create a different workbook (a different Excel file) you have to create a cycle.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
shatings
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reminder and the potential work around!