Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

Store excel attachments in a place, again send them by a different report.

I have a Nprinting 16.9 report in which I'm applying filters on owners and sending them mails. 

However, the xls attachment needs to be formatted before I send. I have created a macro to do so.

Is it possible that with one report task, I create the files and store in a location.

The next report will pick the files from the location and trigger the mails. 

Please help!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that the end of life for QlikView NPrinting 16 is next March 2020. I strongly suggest you to plan a migration to Qlik NPrinting 17+ (latest is November 2019).

In QlikView NPrinting 16 (and not in 17+) you can add external attachments to the emails sent by tasks. So you can create a task that stores the reports in a folder than attach them to the email of another task. Be sure that the names of the generated reports are always the same (no dynamic). QlikView NPrinting never runs the macros. This solution will not work with Qlik NPrinting 17+. I strongly suggest to avoid this kind of solution that is not compatible with 17+. I suggest you to find a way to create reports with the format you want.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Ruggero... Will definitely plan the migration, but this work around is kind of critical now.

Regarding the part of your answer -

"In QlikView NPrinting 16 (and not in 17+) you can add external attachments to the emails sent by tasks. So you can create a task that stores the reports in a folder than attach them to the email of another task. Be sure that the names of the generated reports are always the same (no dynamic)."

Could you please elaborate how do I do this. I can generate the xls reports to a folder, but how will the next report pick them after I do some processing.

Also, If I have the same name, the reports would be overwritten, as the task will generate multiple reports for different owners.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Refer to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Can-I-attach-external-files-to-NPrinting-e-ma...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This solution should work in case I have a single attachment to be sent. Is there a way in which specific files can be sent to a specific user. Like You're heading abc dept and I'm heading xyz dept.

So the file attachment.xls that is sent to you would contain the filtered data for abc dept and the file sent to me will contain the filtered data for xyz dept.

----In a single report I did it, just want to break it to apply some formatting in between.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, you can only attach the same files to all users. There are no ways to attach different files for different users. 

You could add macros to the report templates and trigger them on opening so when the recipient opens the report the macro will be executed and the formats applied.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero