Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

Store recipient list on the Nprinting Server

Hi,

I generate dynamic recipients  list in the applications and I want import them into Nprinting.

How can I store those Excel files on the Nprinting server?. I tried store by using following path:

\\server\d\nprinting\userlist, but I received issue that I should use lib syntax.

In the same time I can't create connection to another server from connection master.

Currently, I think that I should store recipient list to network drive and then import  them into Nprinting.

How do you solve such issue?

Thanks,

Vitalii

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is not clear to us what you are trying to do...

When you say that you need to use lib syntax it seems like you are trying to store recipients directly from Qlik Sense load script. This however does not tie back to the fact that you say you store Excel file which is not possible from load script!! You can only create CSV files which are not supported in NPrinting recipient import anyway.... so... what are you trying to do actually?

Please provide details about:

• version of software you use
  • what are you trying to use to store Excel (Which tool Qlik Sense or NPrinting you want to use to genereate this excel file)
  • where do you want to store it

My ways of thinking is:

1. I connect to Qlik Sense app using NPrinting
  2. I create excel report which i run from NPrinting and store to local folder destination on nPrinting server
    1. how create destinations: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-des...
  3. I can then import user from chosen destination

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

if you have nprinting connected to the qlik sense server 

than you can create an nprinting report with the exact structre you need in order to use excel to import recipients into nprinting

and use nprinting to save the report to where ever you want 

thanks ,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is not clear to us what you are trying to do...

When you say that you need to use lib syntax it seems like you are trying to store recipients directly from Qlik Sense load script. This however does not tie back to the fact that you say you store Excel file which is not possible from load script!! You can only create CSV files which are not supported in NPrinting recipient import anyway.... so... what are you trying to do actually?

Please provide details about:

• version of software you use
  • what are you trying to use to store Excel (Which tool Qlik Sense or NPrinting you want to use to genereate this excel file)
  • where do you want to store it

My ways of thinking is:

1. I connect to Qlik Sense app using NPrinting
  2. I create excel report which i run from NPrinting and store to local folder destination on nPrinting server
    1. how create destinations: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-des...
  3. I can then import user from chosen destination

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you open a community conversation, please always add the version of Qlik NPrinting you are using. The answer to the same question could be different based on the version you are using.

I strongly suggest you to start by searching in the official help site. I suppose you are working on latest available version June 2019, this page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-F... explains how you can import users.

As general rule of the help site, only the documented solutions are officially supported. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.