cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Suppress Excel Tabs with no Data

I'm trying to suppress Excel tabs using a filter but when I apply the filter the preview fails to generate.  This was working in the April 2018 version but no that we've upgraded to Nov 2019 it seems to be broken. 

Solution was found here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Suppress-Sheets-or-Pages-with-No-Data/td-p/...

Now adding a filter on a field causes and error: Cannot apply filter Filters

Please let me know if there is a new way to suppress blank Excel sheets.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I do not think anything has changed - at least not to best of my knowledge.

The workarounds I would use would be to have another field in data model which would be loaded just like the field you are using as page and apply filter on it. 

assuming you want to use Country field as Page I would load it once more as Country_1 and then apply filter on Country_1 field when Country would be still used in Page tag.

This obviously is just workaround and I would have to test it to be 100% sure.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

So, it was a mistake on my part.  I set the filter to Value is instead of Numeric value is.  Changing this and it now works.  Kinda wish Qlik's error messages were a bit more insightful.