cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Suppress Sheets or Pages with No Data

We have NPrinting PDF and Excel templates that have levels/pages based on the client country.  At the moment if a client has a branch in a country but no data the sheets or pages are still showing.  Is there a way to suppress a page or sheet if there is no data?

For instance, Client A has branches in the US, Canada and Mexico but has no sales data for Mexico.  I want to hide Mexico but still display the other two countries. 

This is with Qlik Sense April 2018 and NPrinting November 2018.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Apologies, you are right - in XLS template this is only working on level when used with Qlik Sense. I remembered this solution when used with QlikView...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-16-Remove-Blank-Pages-Excel/m-p/1...

so,

since it is Qlik Sense - you may need to pre-calculate the field in Load Script and create a flag which you will apply as a filter on report, so only lines with data will be shown.

I know this solution is far from ideal....

or 

if you on the latest version of NPrinting...

You could create a filter using Advanced search which would filter out data which does not contain sales, hence your page will only contain dimension values returning values...

read more here:

https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

you need to create your levels and pages based on straight tables (not only fields) with dimension and measure which will decide if there is a data for a combination of your dimension fields. Make sure to suppres 0 values in those tables to remove records where there is no sales, hence loops will only go through dimension values shown in table.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks!  That worked great for a Word template.  For the Excel template when I Add Page to Current Sheet I am not seeing the new object I created.  I can see it in the levels but I was told to use the Page to create new sheets based on the country.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Apologies, you are right - in XLS template this is only working on level when used with Qlik Sense. I remembered this solution when used with QlikView...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-16-Remove-Blank-Pages-Excel/m-p/1...

so,

since it is Qlik Sense - you may need to pre-calculate the field in Load Script and create a flag which you will apply as a filter on report, so only lines with data will be shown.

I know this solution is far from ideal....

or 

if you on the latest version of NPrinting...

You could create a filter using Advanced search which would filter out data which does not contain sales, hence your page will only contain dimension values returning values...

read more here:

https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

That helped.  We have a count field in the data and I just used that in the filter and it worked!  Thank you for your help.