cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

System out of memory and Index not found error

I have created a straight table (has 15,000 rows) and the size of my QVW app is 17 mb. I am using that straight table on my xls attachment in nprinting. Bringing in those 8-9 columns and then dynamically creating pivot table with those columns.

I see system out of memory error always. I tried on a server with 64 GB RAM, that did not help as well. Could someone help me in this? (using version 16.9)

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ok-information you gave us is just touching the surface only - we need a lot more info

• I see system out of memory error always - where do you see it? is it in nprinting or maybe there is something wrong with Excel?
  • what connection are you using local or qvp?
  • that table you have created - how much time in QlikView does it need to display values when you open it?
  • are there any other objects in it?
  • are there any conditional hide/show for expressions or tables?
  • are dimensions coming straight from fields or are they calculated 
    • if calculated how complex are the calculations (provide screenshots)
  • how about expressions - what are they?
  • how many rows does your data model contain (screenshot of data model/table viewer would help)
  • how is your nprinting configured - does it have dedicated server or is it installed on QlikView Server or Publisher?
  • attaching log file from task execution would be handy
  • does it also fail when you try to preview report?
  • can you apply filter when previewing report to temporarily reduce data so we can establish that this is some other issue and not object issue

since your app is so small - would you be able to share your qvw and your nsq +template files so I could replicate issue in my environment?

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

couple more questions:

• are you using any triggers, macros, always one selected values in your qvw
  • are there any special characters in your data
  • are you using dynamic file naming in NPrinting - does it contain supported characters (for example ":" in "hh:mm:ss" is not supported by windows...

In short to answer your question we need full detailed picture of what you are doing.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Spoiler
No @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I do not have triggers or macros, or any of always one selected values. I have a few triggers, but that table is not used in nprinting.

It's a pretty simple straight table, which I am bringing in to my nprinting report and that table is generated fine onto excel through nprinting.

The error is coming when I am using the columns of that straight table to generate a pivot table in excel. So my excel template will contain that straight table, and the pivot table with place holders. When I trigger the nprinting report, the straight table would get it's data and corresponding data will be fed into the pivot table.
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  adding reply to your questions -

• I see system out of memory error always - where do you see it? is it in nprinting or maybe there is something wrong with Excel? No, it works fine when I only have the straight table, or the feilds not dragged into pivot rows and values
  • what connection are you using local or qvp? Local connection
  • that table you have created - how much time in QlikView does it need to display values when you open it? Its very quick, contains around 16k rows
  • are there any other objects in it? Yes, 4 more sheets with objects, I have created a nprinting sheet, and only 2 straight tables are there in that sheet that is used for nprinting
  • are there any conditional hide/show for expressions or tables? NO
  • are dimensions coming straight from fields or are they calculated 
    • if calculated how complex are the calculations (provide screenshots) No calculated dimensions- few names, and year month quarter
  • how about expressions - what are they?they are just sum({<Region={USA}>}data)    as simple as that
  • how many rows does your data model contain (screenshot of data model/table viewer would help) Really sorry, due to company policy, can't post that on a forum, but it contains around 10-12 small tables and a star schema
  • how is your nprinting configured - does it have dedicated server or is it installed on QlikView Server or Publisher? As of now, using the Nprinting designer, without server or publisher.
  • attaching log file from task execution would be handy Logs show those import, placing into temp directory, and failing after system out of memory and nprinting hangs temporarily
  • does it also fail when you try to preview report?  NO, can preview
  • can you apply filter when previewing report to tempo rarily reduce data so we can establish that this is some other issue and not object issue Not sure of this
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @sujit_nath ,

so in short - everything works when you design report and preview it, right?

based on :" does it also fail when you try to preview report?  NO, can preview"

Where do you see this error then? I am asking if you see it in NPrinting log (if you do see it in log it would be good to see at which stage you see it, or when you open excel.. so where and when do you see it? )

based on: I see system out of memory error always - where do you see it? is it in nprinting or maybe there is something wrong with Excel? No, it works fine when I only have the straight table, or the feilds not dragged into pivot rows and values

really hard to help you without seeing what is happening...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@sujit_nath 

apologies i did not see your second answer...

Well - since you are not able to use your data due to company policies why don't we just build a dummy.

Open qlikview -- edit script-- ctrl+Q+Q-- reload and create app which will have 1 straight table with dimensions Dim1, Dim2 and Dim3 and Measure/Expressions: Sum(Expression1)

Then use that as a source for NPrinting report. Create excel report, add table as source data and try to create pivot table.

With this dummy sample we will be able to even film it if need be...

what do you reckon?

sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Initially I had a seperate QVW for the nprinting, and same issue came at times. Like 1 in 6-7 times it would go success.

I will try again to see that helps, but the data model will be the same, it will have 6-7 tables connected.

Will check and let you know. Maybe binary load the nprinting qvw. (Will let you know)

Really appreciate the effort you're putting in to help us!!

sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sure @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Let me try that option and get back!! Thanks  again.. 🙂

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi @sujit_nath 

I just noticed: 

"I have a few triggers, but that table is not used in nprinting...."

QVW documents with Triggers are not supported at all - regardles if they are used in NPrinitng or not! So make sure there are no triggers in QVW document.