Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Table: Display the results in many columns

Hi, I am using Qlik Sense together with NPrinting. I have a list of items that display in a table in Qlik Sense. Instead of the table being only one column, I would like the list to be displayed in 3 different columns. Anyone knows how I could do that? I have tried several approaches but none worked so far.

Here is an example of what I have: (The names are random, I am just using Person X in the example but imagine I have a bunch of  random  names).

Name
Person 1
Person 2
Person 3
Person 4
Person 5
Person 6

Here is what I would like to have:

Person 1Person 3Person 5
Person 2Person 4Person 6

It would also be fine if it was split into 3 tables but remember that the names are random so I can't just filter the people based on their name. The order also doesn't really matter. I could have Person 1 and 4 in the same column/table and it would be fine.

Name - Table 1
Person 1
Person 2
Name - Table 2
Person 3

Person 4

Name - Table 3
Person 5
Person 6

The reason why I want to do this is that, in my Nprinting report, I don't want the data to take 3 pages when it could take only one page.

Thanks for your help

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

For QlikView tables there is the Custom Rows option:

Custom Rows.png

You can manually select a range of rows that will be inserted. You can add the same table multiple times and select a different range for each one. At the moment this option is not available for Qlik Sense tables.

With Qlik Sense tables you could evaluate to use:

- Cells. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/ExcelReports/Selected-QV-Cell-Values.htm. You select and insert a range of cells. Very slow but it doesn't request changes in the original app

- Level or Pages. You need to add a field (if it doesn't exist), for example the department of each person, on the app and insert it in the Levels or in the Pages node. Faster to develop than Cells but, if the field doesn't exist, you have to modify the app. You have to manage in the app the number of rows for each level.

- Object filter. You create a filter that select the first group of rows, a filter that select the second group and so on. You add the table in the report with the first filter, than you add a second copy of the table with the second filter etc.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Ruggero,

Thank you for your answer. I forgot to specify though that we are actually using a word template not an excel template. Unfortunately it does not appear that the custom rows option exists for word tables. I have tried writing a filter to separate them into groups but with no luck so far. Is there any way to do this in a word template?

Thanks so much.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could try to use Levels or Cells.

By adding a field in Levels node and inserting the table between the two level tags you can split the original table in different ones.

By using cells you can place each cell of the original table into a destination cell. Very long to develop and you need to know how many cells you have in the source table but this give you a complete control of the final result.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.