Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Task execution logs, extended max saving time

Hello,

I verified that NPrinting save task execution logs for last 30 days. Is there a way to extend the saving time?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Add the following parameter into the scheduler.config in the position you prefer:

<!-- Days that an execution must be kept in database, including logs. Default is 30 days -->
<add key="executions-dtk" value="30" />

Then restart the Windows Qlik NPrinting Scheduler service.

This solution could be useful also for other people so I wrote the article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-extend-task-execution-logs-expiring-ti...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I have requested that and other similar configuration features via our internal feature request system some time ago but it is not currently on the R&D road map. It may be something to look for in 2020 after the remaining gap features have been completed later this year.

The 30 day record keeping/logging is committed to the PG database programmatically. Further, I could not find an NP system config file or setting to allow for expanding the number of days beyond 30 days unfortunately either. 

I'll post a comment here if this changes in the coming year.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you.

Probably we could only wait the R&D team 😉

I've hoped there was an hidden parameters for the config file...

shrav666
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Frank,

Can you please let us know if you do have an option available now to extend the logs of task execution number of days beyond 30.

Thanks,

Shrav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Add the following parameter into the scheduler.config in the position you prefer:

<!-- Days that an execution must be kept in database, including logs. Default is 30 days -->
<add key="executions-dtk" value="30" />

Then restart the Windows Qlik NPrinting Scheduler service.

This solution could be useful also for other people so I wrote the article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-extend-task-execution-logs-expiring-ti...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.