cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Template Editor Stopped Working

I create a report yesterday and worked on it for about 4 hours.  I made changes and edited the template probably 30 times with no issues.

I came in this morning and tried to preview it and now I get this error.  See attached.

I also tried to create a new report and just added a single table and get this error.

I have stopped and started all of the services and have rebooted the server.

No idea what happened.

Running 17.2 and QS 3.1.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I figured out the problem.

At the end of the day I had added Section Access to my app.  I did not work in nPrinting after that until this morning.

I removed that and republished the app and now I can reload the metadata.

When will Section Access work with nPrinting?  This is going to be a huge problem for us if it doesn't work.  Or at least nPrinting can ignore it in the App.  Blowing up is not an option.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Additional information.

I can no longer reload the metadata.  I get an error that No Engines are working.  I checked and the Engine is showing Online.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I figured out the problem.

At the end of the day I had added Section Access to my app.  I did not work in nPrinting after that until this morning.

I removed that and republished the app and now I can reload the metadata.

When will Section Access work with nPrinting?  This is going to be a huge problem for us if it doesn't work.  Or at least nPrinting can ignore it in the App.  Blowing up is not an option.