cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbloiss
Contributor III
Contributor III

Test If Item is new in Table

I have a table that gets updated daily of Dead Items.  I want to create a field that tests this table and any new item in the table it will give a true value.

This is the test I am trying:

DeadInventory:

Load *,

if(Min([Dead Inventory Date Num]) = Num(Date(Today() - 1)), 'True', 'False') as [New Dead Item]

Resident TempDeadInventory

group by [Item_number];

I keep getting invalid expression.  what is wrong with this syntax?  or is there a better method?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well

you are loading *

and grouping by [item_number] only - this is the mistake. You need to "group by" all fields you are loading in this table therefore instead of using * i would list all of them!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well

you are loading *

and grouping by [item_number] only - this is the mistake. You need to "group by" all fields you are loading in this table therefore instead of using * i would list all of them!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.