cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed- Error In Nprinting

Hi Folks,

While generating report or reloading metadata for one application i am facing this error : The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed

If anyone has faced the same situation ,please tell how you have resolved it.

Thanks

5 Replies
jgtaekema
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Kulwant,

I have the exact same error, but not on reloading metadata, but on executing a publish task. On this moment I don't have a clue to why, but in case I resolve it, I will respond here.

Jan-Geert Taekema.

jgtaekema
Contributor III
Contributor III

In my case I have found a solution. I hope this may provide a solution for you as well, but I'm not that sure...

In the menu "Destinations" I defined a destination. Ik created a "custom path" in which I used the separator, something like this: \\domain\share\folder\subfolder. But when I changed this to separate items, the problem didn't occur anymore. Then it looked like something like this:

custom path     \\domain

separator         \

custom path     share

separator         \

custom path     folder

separator         \

custom path     subfolder

Hope this is of any help, maybe it gives you a clue to where your problem can be fixed.

Jan-Geert Taekema.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please specify what version are you using and also post the logs. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jgtaekema
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am using NPrinting 17 (februari 2018). The error I got was not mentioned in the logs I was able to reach. The detailled logs are on the server, not reachable for me as a user. Time to aks my IT-department to give me access to those logs.

The error described in the Task executions section of NPrinting was like this:

Failed generation of report f7f12277-85b5-4988-a482-1d404e1f9642 for user fe71dce2-eba5-49de-b2b6-36db11227d4f. ERROR: The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed.

czm
Employee
Employee

Hi,

this error is caused by a third-party library we use that handles communication between processes over the network (could be also within the same machine). It could be triggered by a network error/disconnection but it is quite random. When it happens it affects one or more NPrinting connections, causing their task to continue to fail.

The issue has already been fixed but the fix is going to be available in Qlik NPrinting November 2018. Unfortunately while waiting for the release the only feasible workaround when this issue occurs is to restart the NPrinting Engine(s).

Best regards
Carlo