Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

marcos_herrera
Contributor

The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedely

Hi Dear Qlik Community

I was working well with the customer Qlik NP Installation, but from yesterday the Preview Designer Report, show me this error Message "The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedelyi tried this steps to solve the problem

1) Backup a PostgreSQL DB Repository

2) Uninstall Qlik NP Server, Qlik NP Enginee and Qlik NP Designer (Without delete NPrinting Folders on ProgramData Folder, User AppData Folder adn %Temp% folder)

3) Uninstall Earlang

4) Qlik NP Server, Qlik NP Enginee and Qlik NP Designer

5) Restore the backup PostgreSQL DB Repository

I attached the Logs and Print Screen error message

01037010_QlikNP_Preview_ErrorMessage.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raflemmens0
New Contributor II

Re: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedely

Hello Marcos,

did you manage to solve this error.
I'm having the exact same problem...

*edit: I just found the problem. In connections I had given a port number for the proxy address.

5 Replies
raflemmens0
New Contributor II

Re: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedely

Hello Marcos,

did you manage to solve this error.
I'm having the exact same problem...

*edit: I just found the problem. In connections I had given a port number for the proxy address.

srik00001
New Contributor II

Raf,

Can you explain what was changed to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Sri

raflemmens0
New Contributor II

Hello Sri,

In the connections where you have to give the proxyaddress I first also added a port number.

addressSmiley Tongueortnumber

but the proxyaddress should not contain a port number so I removed "Smiley Tongueortnumber".

After I did this the problem was solved for me.

michael_dimarti
New Contributor

Hi Raf,

Where would that proxaddress field reside?

I have a user who after adding more than 30 or so slides to the template editor received the same error message.

Thanks

raflemmens0
New Contributor II

Hello Michael,

Go to bullet point 9 in the following link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Conne...

This shows you the screen where you set up your connection to the qlikview or sense server.
You will see in the screenshot that you can enter a proxy address.
Make sure this address doesn't contain a portnumber.

This solved the errors for me when trying to add charts to a powerpoint.

Community Browser