Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Attend QlikWorld 2020 and hear keynote speaker, Malcolm Gladwell. Register by February 29th to save $200. Learn More
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Timestamp formatting in nPrinting

Hello all,

I have problems showing a timestamp properly in an nPrinting table. As an example, the QV document to which the table is linked shows 4/19/2018 10:31:48 AM (which is what needs to be displayed and how the timestamp is formatted in the QV doc). In nPrinting:

• I've tried leaving the Format String property blank, it returns 43209.43875 (which fits date and time, but in the wrong format)
  • I've tried setting the Format string property M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT, it literally returns M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT (no numbers, just the format string!)

All other numeric fields are properly formatted without having to fine tune anything... Anyone can help?

Thanks!

Nic

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Timestamp formatting in nPrinting

Ok then - it looks like it is still the same issue as here - i remember answering this question already:)

NP 17.3: PixelPerfect and Date Format

so again just a quick reminder to check community first and then post the topic.

Since we are already on this subject - Ruggero ( rpc‌ ) do you think this is a bug? I notice that you can apply formatting properly in a header when data is coming from a table, but when it is a Level used to populate NPrinting PixelPerfect Table values it doen not work.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

It would be great to know in which template you tried to apply formatting. Was it pixel perfect, htm, excel...?

What is the source of data? Is it QV straight table?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I agree with Lech. Consider also to post screenshots and any other information that could help people to help you.

Check also this recent community post Date Stamp for Report Run Date in NPrinting maybe you can add a Formula to format (not calculate) your data.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Partner
Partner

Sorry guys!

Data comes from a QV straight table and I'm using a Pixel Perfect template.

So far, I've been able to display the timestamp properly by tweaking the straight table in QV, setting the expression as =text(timestamp).

Nic

Highlighted

Ok then - it looks like it is still the same issue as here - i remember answering this question already:)

NP 17.3: PixelPerfect and Date Format

so again just a quick reminder to check community first and then post the topic.

Since we are already on this subject - Ruggero ( rpc‌ ) do you think this is a bug? I notice that you can apply formatting properly in a header when data is coming from a table, but when it is a Level used to populate NPrinting PixelPerfect Table values it doen not work.

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I confirm that we are investigating this as a bug. At the moment (April 2018) formatting the dates in QlikView and exporting them as text is a correct workaround.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.