cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

To apply filter on number of rows when creating PPT via NPrinting17

@Hello Everyone,

This is the first time that I am starting a discussion. So, here is my concern.

I want to build a PPT report via NPrinting17 for every value in Field SBU(Business Unit). I am fetching table in NPrinting and that is the straight table from Qlik Application.  The requirement is to have 5 rows per Slide, I have created the report for each value but there is a problem that I am facing.

I added the same chart multiple times and applied CUSTOM ROWS for 1-5, 6-10 and 11-15 etc. I want the slides to be dynamic, the number of slides should be according to the number of rows but where there is the number of rows less than 15 or 10 then still there are slides being made for that (Blank Slide as no data ).

What can be done to do this achieve this, I know there is a constraint when preparing PPT in NPrinting but as a customer of Qlik, I think this can be solved.

I think it can also be done if I create Multiple charts in my QV app then fetch it but o that also I am facing a bad time.

So any suggestion is welcome as I have to complete it by tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

All Hail Qlik.

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Manish

I might have a bad news for you but there is not much you can do. I think we have already looked at this scenario here:

https://qlikcommunity.qliktech.com/thread/275904

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Again,

Thank you so much for your reply Lech. I worked around to find out a way to do it but no luck.

Is there any probability that it can be done via backend scripting.

I think there should be a way to do it in the script.

Thanks,

Manish

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have an idea - but i have not tested it yet.

In general i would have to check on backend how many rows or rather slides for each SBU you need and create a refernece table linked to SBU. For example:

If SBU "A" needs 2 slides we would create a referenece table with values:

SBU, SlideNo

A,     1

A,     2

If SBU "B" needs 3 slides we would create a referenece table with values:

SBU, SlideNo

B,     1

B,     2

B,     3

The next step would be to create a chart in Qlik with rank function groupin for each SlideNo 5 rows. so when you select in SlideNo field value 1 it shows you top 5, if you select 2 it shows you 6-10 etc...

Then you could use SlideNo field as a PAGE object for your PowerPoint template in NPrinitng and actually i think it would work! since you would only get as many slides as you need for each BU

If i have more time to actually build a solution i will post it here.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Lech,

Thank you for your reply and your effort.

And i got it to work via script. A very long code done for paging.

All is done but now i am facing a logical problem i.e. I have created a Dynamic variable in Front End that Gives

date (StartDate & EndDate)according to the Year selected by the user. But i have to apply it in the script.

And i dont know how to create dynamic variable.

Thanks,

Manish