Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Trigger report based on function value och specific field

Hi all,

I hope you can help me Couldn't find the answer to my question in the Community.

Is it possible to trigger a report från NPrinting based on a function value or a field in QlikView? If so, is there a nice 'How to...' that you could recommend?

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards

Michelle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess every post in the future needs to ask the question of which version you are using?   I am assuming 16 as version 17 does not support this feature yet.   It seems like what you are trying to do can be accomplished using conditions.  However, it would not be an automatic trigger.  You would need to schedule your report to run and it would go out and check to see if the conditions were met and then execute the report.   You might have the schedule execute the report daily or hourly or your could even run them on-demand.  Here is the link on how to setup conditions.  I do not have anything like this in place, but this would be the path I would pursue to make it work.

How to Control Report Generation with Conditions

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess every post in the future needs to ask the question of which version you are using?   I am assuming 16 as version 17 does not support this feature yet.   It seems like what you are trying to do can be accomplished using conditions.  However, it would not be an automatic trigger.  You would need to schedule your report to run and it would go out and check to see if the conditions were met and then execute the report.   You might have the schedule execute the report daily or hourly or your could even run them on-demand.  Here is the link on how to setup conditions.  I do not have anything like this in place, but this would be the path I would pursue to make it work.

How to Control Report Generation with Conditions

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Mike!!!

I think this is what I need