Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Two Reports - only one report should be saved

Hello everyone,

I have created a report which I would like to distribute once as Excel (A) by mail and save once as pdf (B) in an order.

Now I can set in the mail which reports should be included in the attachment (only Report A).

However, I don't find the option to define that only report B is saved as pdf in the folder. At the moment A and B are created and saved.

Is it possible to set this somewhere?

I am using the November 2018 version.

Thank you and greetings

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About how to distribute a report via email check https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation...

About distributing report on folders refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder.... You can select the list of reports to be attached.

The same Excel template can be exported in Excel and PDF format. You select the one you want during the publish task creation and you can add the same template two time, one for each output format. 

You could also create two different publish tasks one to distribute pdf on folders and one for email. It depends on what you want to obtain.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey Ruggero,

thanks for your answer.

I've already set it up like this: "you can add the same template two time, one for each output format. ".

But i want to send the excel file with mail as attachment, and save the pdf only in the specific folder.

"You could also create two different publish tasks one to distribute pdf on folders and one for email. It depends on what you want to obtain."

-> I would actually like to deal with this with one task, otherwise the administrative effort would be too high.

Thanks and greetings.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can add only the Excel version as email attachment by using the dropdown menu in the bottom of the email and select only it. 

When you set folder as destination for some recipients all reports will be saved there. You cannot select to save only some reports (for example only the Excel saved as pdf) to a folder. So you can create a single task, send via email only the .xlsx version of the report but you will have both in the folder.

To have only the pdf in the folder you need to create two tasks.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

ok, too bad there's no way.

Is it theoretically possible to define per user which reports they should receive?

For example receiver A should get excel, and receiver B should only get pdf? The whole of course only in one task.

If not, I will make an idea out of it at Qlik.

Thank you and greetings

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

You can define per user the type of delivery. For example for UserA you can send reports only via mail and for UserB only to folder. 

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero