Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Unable to Expand Grouped Rows in Excel Output

Hi All,

I am using NPrinting February 2019 SR1 and I have an excel NPrinting report in which I am grouping cells.  When I generate the report the expand buttons do not work in Excel.  Has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Mark

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks for your response. I tried verifying the excel settings (make sure sheet is unprotected and cells are unlocked) and aligning my table properties with what you show and still same issue. I tried having the cells expaneded in the template then when the report was generated I was able to use the + button to hide the detail successfully, so unclear what the issue was maybe my template became corrupted some how. I ended up creating a new report with the exact same template and it worked.

Thanks,

Mark

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just tested it - grouping works well.

In such case you are doing something wrong. Please provide detailed screenshots of your NPrinting designer including template properties, the way you create grouping and the way you nest objects in them. 

If there are tables you use inside also include screenshot of those tables properties...

see below as example:Capture.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks for your response. I tried verifying the excel settings (make sure sheet is unprotected and cells are unlocked) and aligning my table properties with what you show and still same issue. I tried having the cells expaneded in the template then when the report was generated I was able to use the + button to hide the detail successfully, so unclear what the issue was maybe my template became corrupted some how. I ended up creating a new report with the exact same template and it worked.

Thanks,

Mark