3. The path to the QVP connection is invalid. Open the QVW using the NPrinting service account to test this. If the QVW cannot be opened, then there is a permissions problem with the NPrinting Server service account
See Troubleshooting the NPrinting server service and service account
4. The QlikView document you are connecting to is showing a message or cannot be opened because of a license issue.
You can check this connecting to the QlikView document as the NPrinting user following this process:
i. Open the QlikView installation folder (normally it is C:\Program Files\QlikView)
ii. Click on Shift and right click on the Qv.exe file
iii. Choose "Run as a different user" in the window that opens
iv. Enter the NPrinting user Id and password.
v. Open the QlikView document.
Is QlikView showing any error message? Please, send us a screenshot.
5. The QV Desktop where the QVWs are stored needs needs to be repaired or reinstalled
6. Another process is closing or locking the QVW during the execution of an automated schedule. Check QV server and other potential external tasks and processes that might be locking the QVW.
7. Check that your report template,qvw and nsq are NOT blocked. Right-click separately on each these files. Choose 'Properties' from the context menu. Select the 'General' tab. In the security section at the bottom, click 'Unblock'.
Re: Unexpected error occured during On-Demand request processing. Access violation at address 0040A3EF in module 'NPrintingSvc.exe'. Read of address 00000000
After much hair pulling, I discovered this error also occurs if you (a) respect Current Selections, and (b) one of your current selections is a date field that has a numeric value but doesn't look like a number. For instance, if you have a month formatted as MMM YYYY such as Aug 2016. If you look at the ODS logs (tested in v16 SR5), you'll see that it tries to pass the parameter as something like this: Selections: [[FieldName: MonthYear, FieldValues: [[Value: 1388380160*2^(-15), IsNumeric: True]
To get around this "undocumented feature" I created a button that conditionally hides/shows my NPrinting report/task buttons. I also created a second calendar field that looks the same as the real MonthYear, but is, in fact, a text string. At the same time as the button shows my NPrinting objects, it passes the real MonthYear selections into the text MonthYear. When the user hides the NPrinting objects, the selection is reversed.
fsv You guys may want to look into fixing this. Cheers.