Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Update Qlik Sense certificates everytime?

Hello everybody,

after the last three updates of Qlik Sense, it was always necessary to re-create the Qlik Sense certificates for NPrinting and store them accordingly.

Is this what you wanted or what is the background to this?

Greetings

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Certificates are used to allow communication between Qlik Sense and Nprinting. If during Qlik Sense upgrade certificates are also changed they need to be exported and placed on Nprinting server to allow for communication. It is designed like that. Does rhis answer your question?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, Lech,

no, not exactly. I know what the certificates are for, but I would never have noticed "before" that I have to update the certificates after every QS update.

During the QS update nothing is changed in the configuration etc., only updated.

Therefore the question why it is necessary to update the certificates every time.

Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi Danijel,

one comment regarding your sentence from previous post: "During the QS update nothing is changed in the configuration etc., only updated." - so that is not always true. Sometimes certificates are changed (old ones are removed and new ones are created).

You dont need to update certificates every time if they haven't changed. If they did - you need to. I know that there were versions of Qlik Sense which were completely removing old certificates during Qlik Sense upgrade. I remember this from the QS version upgrade which enabled NLU for Insights. Now what I am not sure is which upgrades of Qlik Sense do change their certificates, but that is why I follow all required steps to figure this out when upgrading. Also it is important to remember that Qlik Sense and NPrinting are 2 different tools and any change to one of them may have an impact on another one - hence Qlik Sense upgarde should be first tested in test environments etc..etc...

Standard procedure of an update of Qlik Sense and/or NPrinting is that after upgrade either of the tools you should regenerate metadata. At this stage you can/should use "Verify connection" button to see if your connection meets all requirements. If certificates have changed or were updated during Qlik Sense upgrade you will get a message that certificates are invalid and you will know what to do. 

This is just a part of the upgrade process of any environment which includes NPrinting. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.