Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjht
Creator
Creator

Upgrading from NPrinting June 2020 SR1 to May 2021 SR4 postgreSQL tables missing fields

We are upgrading from NPrinting June 2020 SR1 to May 2021 SR4.  I reloaded 2 nprinting monitoring apps after upgrade and get errors on reload. postgreSQL tables missing fields

Qlik NPrinting Operations Monitor shows 

SELECT * 
FROM "nprinting"."public"."report" 
Error: Field 'import_task_id' not found 
Execution Failed

The other app  NPrinting Task Schedule shows 

SELECT "id", 
"version", 
"created",  
FROM "public"."task_execution" 
Error: Field 'id' not found 
Execution Failed 
Execution finished.

In Qlik NPrinting Operations Monitor app if I pull up the db table in the app I can see the field IS missing compared to our other server which is still June 2020 SR1.

In the NPrinting Task Schedule app if I pull up the db table in the app I can see the field IS NOT missing compared to our server on June 2020 SR1.

In the Qlik NPrinting Operations Monitor I have temporarily commented out the line to allow successful reload.

In the NPrinting Task Schedule app - I cannot do the same since this field is needed and it IS present in the table - I can't understand why it say it isn't.  If I go to the connection, locate the table and choose "insert script" ... I can see it there.

current: Qlik Sense Enterprise June 2020 Patch 7 ; NPrinting June 2020 SR1

upgrade to :  Qlik Sense Enterprise May 2021 Patch 12, Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR4

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Thanks for confirming @mjht

Please post your question directly on that NPrinting Document so that Jonny can assist you with that one. 
It's a custom app (not a supported, built in system app like the license or operations monitor).

He should be able to help you.

It is possible something has changed that he may need to address in a new version of his app.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting R&D do not provide detailed database schema changes.

However notable changes in general would be documented in each companion product release notes

System requirement updates are mentioned in our help pages. Planning your deployment

Sorry I don't have more than that as that's all I got at my disposal to share.

Cheers! :).

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Can you clarify regarding what "Qlik NPrinting Operations Monitor" is?

Is this a custom app found at the link below or something other?

If so, note that the app owner has published an update. See the link above for details.

Kind regards...

mjht
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Frank_S  --

it is this app Qlik NPrinting Operational Monitoring App.qvf

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-Operational-App-for-Overall-Ql...

I am more interested in the underlying database - did the tables in fact change?  I am connecting to the NPrinting db after the upgrade just as before.  I can see the table "nprinting"."public"."report" no longer has the field import_task_id

the other table "public"."task_execution" does have the field 'id' ... I don't understand why it throws the missing field for id when I can see it is there.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thanks for confirming @mjht

Please post your question directly on that NPrinting Document so that Jonny can assist you with that one. 
It's a custom app (not a supported, built in system app like the license or operations monitor).

He should be able to help you.

It is possible something has changed that he may need to address in a new version of his app.

Kind regards...

Frank_S
Support
Support

@mjht

That link is to a different ops mon app which is also not officially supported.

I would recommend using Jonny's app at the link I originally provided.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes, the database tables may have changed which requires modification of these custom apps by the owners.

Also postgres has been updated since that very old version of the App which you are using.

Again, I suggest using Jonny's app which is more up to date.

mjht
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @Frank_S  I will check into Jonny's app.

Is there somewhere to get information on what tables have changed on the NPrinting database?  It seems odd to me that they would drop a field from the reports table.  They had re-arranged the order the fields showed up the "nprinting"."public"."report" table - it seems more likely that it was an accidental omission.  I will mark the reply once I hear back - thank you for the quick reply.   I have another anomaly I found but it was on report import so different thread needed.

Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting R&D do not provide detailed database schema changes.

However notable changes in general would be documented in each companion product release notes

System requirement updates are mentioned in our help pages. Planning your deployment

Sorry I don't have more than that as that's all I got at my disposal to share.

Cheers! :).

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The structure of the Qlik NPrinting Repository is not officially documented and it could change from version to version. So also Repository changes are not documented.

You can connect to the Repository at your own risk, we can only suggest creating a consistent backup strategy because damaging it could result in a not working installation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.