cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II

User Access Control in Nprinting

How to define user access in order that a user can only access his/her own created apps, connections and reports.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

Instead to assign the pre-build developer role to all your developers you could create a similar role for each app and assign to a developer only the roles related to the app he/she need to edit. 

If you don't want that developer see of can edit connections you simply not enable related rights on the new custom roles.

There are no ways to set rights at a report template level. So a developer who has access to and app will be able to see and edit all reports of that app. 

A Qlik NPrinting app can hs one or more connections to Qlik Sense app. You can also create a Qlik NPrinting app for each Qlik Sense app, it is your decision based on your needs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
nicoleklos
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

from my point of view it is not possible to define user access as you explained. You can only work with roles. But this roles are valid for all the apps, connections etc.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please start by studying the official online help site http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm. Qlik NPrinting is a complex product and it  cannot be used without knowing the theory.

User management is documented at the page http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/User-overview.htm 

Role based security is documented at the page http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Security-manage...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

We created roles for each user and assigned an app for each user in that role. Then a user can access only one app associated with his/her role. I think this is just a workaround to restrict the access of a user.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Creating the roles you need based on your company rules, assign the roles to the users (a user can has more than a role) is the correct way to limit what a user can do and what entities he can see. It is not a workaround.

To limit the data inserted in the reports delivered to a user you have to use filters.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The problem with assigning developer role to every developer is that they all can view and edit app, connection and reports of others and there is no way to track that in Nprinting I guess. 

Can we use same app for different qlik sense app's report? I think we do. So what if we create roles for each user and assign every user a Nprinting app then he/she can access that app and related connection and reports only. true?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

Instead to assign the pre-build developer role to all your developers you could create a similar role for each app and assign to a developer only the roles related to the app he/she need to edit. 

If you don't want that developer see of can edit connections you simply not enable related rights on the new custom roles.

There are no ways to set rights at a report template level. So a developer who has access to and app will be able to see and edit all reports of that app. 

A Qlik NPrinting app can hs one or more connections to Qlik Sense app. You can also create a Qlik NPrinting app for each Qlik Sense app, it is your decision based on your needs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Ruggero for the explanation. This is What I wanted to understand. Thanks.

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

In an existing NPrinting architecture, is there a way to display all the Nprinting Apps a user with developper rights is using.

I'm trying with Qlik Sense to look into the NPrinting Apis https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=0 but it seems that the NPrinting apps are linked to the filter items.

I'm trying, in a scenario where each developper can see all NPrinting Apps to get the informations of which ones he really uses to create custom roles on them.Do you see what i mean ?

Johann

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @jchoucq 

bit old topic to talk about it but i will try..

So I am not sure about your requirement however answer is quite simple - access is based on roles so all what you care about is relationship between roles and users. If you are saying that at the moment developers can see all apps then I am not sure what information yo uare after. It can be that everyone actually does something on every app.

The only best solution to actually trace "who does what" in NPrinting admin console is audit trail log which will show you every change in NPrinting environment including info who did that and when.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Audit-trail...

just make sure you read all required info to get full understanding on the subject:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1708295851107.png

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.