cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianfer
Contributor III
Contributor III

User Filter

I have a report which i want to distribute to a list of Users, where they will only get data specific to them. I have created the recipient list, with the filters and added them to a group...as stated here https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-Scheduling-reports-to-multiple-us...

Sample Data:

SENDInfoUser
YesInfo_XX
YesInfo_YY
YesInfo_ZZ
NoInfo_AA

Now I have the filters based on User and a Report Filter named FilterSend (where it filters the report where SEND='Yes').When I run task, it generates fine for Users X,Y,Z. But for User A, it includes all the records.

How do i not make it generate anything for User A? Should I re-generate the recipient list and import it everytime i need to send out emails, to be sure that it will only execute the User Filters that will result in valid records?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

you can create a condition in nprinting based on your SEND column

1. create a variable in the Qlik app , vSend with this expression : =ONLY(SEND)

2.create a condition in nprinting using the vSend variable 

image.png

3. assign the condition to the relevant reports 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

you can create a condition in nprinting based on your SEND column

1. create a variable in the Qlik app , vSend with this expression : =ONLY(SEND)

2.create a condition in nprinting using the vSend variable 

image.png

3. assign the condition to the relevant reports 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

More details about conditions are in the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.h...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.