Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Users/Groups are not getting updated through Import task In NPrinting 17.3.1.

If I am subscribed to reports A, B & C and I do not have any events for C today, I will be part of only A & B groups and will not be part of C group as expected.  In the Import excel I am part of A & B. But when I import this excel to NPrinting, my name is not removed from group C. As a result, I am still getting the mail from C as I was part of group C previously. In short we can say that, Users/Groups are not getting updated through the NPrinting Import Task.

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

NPrinting is working as designed. I guess you would have to clear all users in first place and then re-import all of them again.

have a look at help deocument:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups/Imp...

it says:

Roles: list of roles for a user, separated by commas.

When importing users with groups or roles:

• if groups or roles added in the row for a user do not exist, they will be automatically created.
  • existing associations with groups and roles will not be removed if not present in the update row. An import can only add associations with roles and groups for a user, but not remove them.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.