cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Users With Overlapping Filters - NPrinting/Sense

Hello everyone,

I am currently designing a way to create individual reports for individual users based on using filters. I have 2 types of reports which have keyfields in them which I use to reduce the data. I have it set up so that I have one data source for my tasks and have 2 types of reports, Type 1 and Type 2, and each type has a filter that reduces the data down based on the keyfields. So Type 1 report will have 20 different keyfields that it reduces the data to and Type 2 has 130 different keyfields that it reduces the data to. Each user can be either Type 1, Type 2 or both. This is where the issue comes up. If my report has a Type 1 group filter applied to it and the user has a Type 1 and a Type 2, Nprinting doesn't just ignore the Type 2 filter but instead fails to generate the report. The reports generate if the report and the user have only type 1 filters.

I'm trying to figure out how to organize this process in order to have NPrinting ignore the Type 2 filter on the user and only execute the Type 1 filter. I have looked into overriding but if my report filters override the user filters then my user receives reports for 20 keyfields not just 1. If i override the user filters, i get the opposite of what i want. Example being, I have a Type 1 Task/Report with Type 1 group filters applied, I have a user with a Type 1 filter and a Type 2 Filter and both are set to override. The report generates but i receive the Type 2 filter that was applied on the user instead of any Type 1 filter.

Any thoughts?

0 Replies