Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malek2
Partner - Contributor III

Users imported from LDAP cannot be athentifiated to NPrinting

i imported the users from LDAP with Import Task option with success
but i cannot connect with any user created, i got a message like a wrong password
this message is shown in log file
“Form login failed, invalid credentials for email test@test.com.”

I tried to change the password with the ‘Change password’ option in user config, with this action the user has been logged normally
can you please guide me so that i can, use the same users of LDAP in NPrinting.

i've tryed to chek the password in the database repository and i found the field hashed_password with 'null' value.(see image "users_repo.png")

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Malek2
Author

hello @Ruggero_Piccoli 

ok, i will try the option of password recovery.

otherwise, i found another solution, i created a Talend Job that reads the users from openLDAP and put them in Excel file, after that in NPrinting i made a import task from Excel and it works.

Regrads.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Passwords are encrypted in the LDAP server so Qlik NPrinting cannot read the password and import them. As per your screenshot there is the domain account so users can login by clicking on Windows Login or, if you set up the SMTP server and the server links, they can follow the procedure to set a new local password.

More details about LDAP import https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Malek2

Are you trying to use the email address and password field when logging into NPrinting?

If so, please note that those fields are not related to Active Directory. They are related to the separate NPrinting Security.

If your LDAP import was successful (and assuming your LDAP import advanced entry attributes are valid - please check with your LDAP admin for example 'inetorgperson might need to be changed to 'user'), you should be able to log in as an imported user then use the 'Blue' windows login button as shown in the image below:'

Further, NPrinting only support single domain deployments. Your test users are in a different domain than the Keyrus users for example (based on the png file you shared)

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Malek2
Author

hello  @Ruggero_Piccoli  @Frank_S  

our openLDAP installed on linux (centOS) so do i can connect with this pattern DOMAIN\user ?

when i use inetorgperson i cannot even import the users, thats why im using posixAccount.

Regrads.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Malek2
If you are using the blue windows login button and still getting a secondary login popup dialog request, then yes, use the DOMAIN\User pattern.

Do not use email address info as that will not work.

Email address and password is used exclusively for NPrinting Security logins only and is not related to active directory login information. This NPrinting user/password information can be managed here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-filter...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Malek2
Author

@Frank_S 

how do i can connect using Windows login to Linux? is that possible ? 

thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Malek2
Before I check with R&D, can you tell us if you have tried using the domain\user pattern after clicking the windows login button as suggested earlier (assuming you are getting a secondary login request after clicking the blue windows login button)?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To use Windows authentication https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Authentication.... you need domain users. An LDAP server could not be also a domain server providing domain users. I think you can import users from you Linux LDAP and then they can follow the password recover procedure to set the password in Qlik NPrinting. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Malek2
Author

hello

@Frank_S 

yes i tried to use the windows authentification, but it dosent work because they are not in the same domain.

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

you mean that i have to import the users then i set the passwords in NPrinting manually ?

thanks 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If the LDAP server is not also a Domain server you can import users but not the domain ones so you cannot use Windows login. You import the users from LDAP that will be created with empty password because it cannot be read from LDAP and ask to each user to follow the password recovery procedure to set a new password. Each user will set its password, not you. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero