Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

Users that don't have a read right to a qlik sense App can still see generated reports

Hello,

I have a situation to which I couldn't find a workaround.

Let me explain:

I have a Qlik Sense application : let's name it :App1  

I have a user : UserA who does NOT have the right to see App1

Now, in Nprinting, I created a connection to this App1, created a report and I'm sending emails to some users (one of them is UserA)

UserA can see the data in the generated report while, logically, he does not have the right to see the Sense app, thus, he shouldn't have the right to see the report associated to the app...

What should I do to prevent this from happening?

Any idea?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One of the solution could be introduction of section access in your Qlik app and also NPrinting - then if your user does not have an access to app will also result in empty set for report (hence no report will be generated)..

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
OmarBenSalem
Author

I'm already using a section access in the app in which the user can see a set of data.

So, if it's only was up to the SA, userA will see data BUT, what I want to do is, even if he could see it with the section access, if the USER does NOT have the right to see the APP (nore the Stream where the app is), he should NOT receive an email...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. It can be a hybrid of section access and user filters. I would load in data model flag in section access reduction/linking table. So the sole section access data reduction for your user A there is still data available, but selection applied on the flag for this user should bring empty set which will prevent from sending a report.

2. I am not sure how you add your recipients to publish tasks, but you could create NPrinting groups to link which users can see data from which Qlik Sense app. Then simply exclude user from this group. 

What I do not understand is why are you including your userA in your publish task recipient list? I guess we need to know more about your setup, requirements etc.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting users are (or at least could be) different users than the Qlik Sense users. So, if you want to manage the users rights in Qlik NPrinting by using roles https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Managing-....

So you could create the reports in an app and do not give to some users the rights to view that app.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.