Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryk_budzynski
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Using Formulas as GroupHeaders

Hi All

I'm trying to use a formula as the value in a GroupHeader cell in PxP. The formula works fine elsewhere in the report but it throws the attached error when I use it in the GroupHeader.

I've set the data binding of the cell to the formula as shown in the attached.

My environment is NP April 2019 and QS Enterprise April 2019

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ryk.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ryk,

It is hard to say what you have wrong there. In short: Ït works for me.

As the  error points to filters - do you have any filters there (task, reports or recipient filters)?

the other thing is that you have it (I believe) in the level. Is the level field or table? Does it use the same field you try to use in your formula?

btw - try just dragging and dropping your formula to header band instead of using table object as formula placeholder

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ryk_budzynski
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Lech

No filters - the only thing I have is that the report cycles over the'Branch' field.

My DetailReport band was added using a level (which was the table from Sense). And as you said, the GroupHeader was just a table object where I've made it have the same number of columns as the table from Sense.

I'll try just the drag option and let you know.

Thanks, Ryk.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Cycle report could potentialy cause this issue as it is equivalent of filter...

I will do some more testing on my end with Cycle turned on.

regards

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.