Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Variables in Fields when creating a Filter

I am new to Nprinting and wanted to know if it was possible to have a filter based on a variable?

For example, the document I use has a variable (vLastMonth), and I want to filter a field (Acctg Mon) to whatever the last month was so the report is created only showing the data from the past month. I tried using =vLastMonth and just vLastMonth in the value for the field filter.

When I brought them into the report and applied them to the image, I was getting an error on my charts that said it couldn't be calculated.

Am I missing some step somewhere in the process of applying a filter with a variable expression, or is this not the right way to go about this.

I read through the article below but couldn't find anything related to this specific problem.

How to Create Static and Dynamic Filters Based on Fields

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vikasmahajan

try with =$(vLastMonth)

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

You can create filters in NPrinting using QlikView variables. It's in the ribbon in the same right next to Fields. See the following tutorial: Set a QlikView Variable to a Specific Value Using Filters

Or you can have a dynamic filter based on a QlikView expression. What is the logic behing vLastMonth? If it is something like month(now)-1, then you can use that syntax in the value column, and not use the variable at all. You would have to check "Evaluate" if using this method.

vikasmahajan

try with =$(vLastMonth)

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.