Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Not applicable

Using set analysis for a dimension for N printing

I have a document which has 'Always one selected value' in a list-box that contain dates. I am using Nprinting to generate reports and hence want to create a straight table that contains data for the last 7 days, I cannot use alternate states/triggers as these do not work with N printing. What would be a good work-around. I tried set analysis, but that wont work too as there is no expression, I tried

=only({<[Report Date]=>}[Report Date]) but this gives me //Error in calculated dimension.

3 Replies
sibusiso90
Contributor II

Re: Using set analysis for a dimension for N printing

Try using it as an expression, instead of a calculated dimension. With a straight table you need to have. An expression to use it. Can you also give a sample sinaro so that I can work on it as well.

What are you trying to achieve by help of Calc. Dimension?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Support
Support

Hi Divvya,

What version of NPrinting?

If using version 16.x and earlier - you will need to un-check Always One Selected Value from the list box properties as it is not supported. Once that is done (and also if using version 17.x ) - build and use a filter to simulate the selection you want for field Report Date.

V17.x: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/FiltersCycles/StaticDynamicFilters/Static-dynamic...

V16.x: QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Filters &amp; Cycles

HTH - Daniel.