cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbloiss
Contributor III
Contributor III

VBA to Create PivotTable in Nprinting

I am creating an Add-in that will speed up creating Excel reports in Nprinting.  The first function I am creating it creating a PivotTable.  This is the Code I have created so far:

Sub AddPivot()

Dim ReportName As String

Dim ReportSheet As Worksheet, DataSheet As Worksheet

Dim WorkingBook As Workbook

Set WorkingBook = ActiveWorkbook

Set DataSheet = ActiveSheet

frmReportName.Show

ReportName = Replace(frmReportName.tbReportName.Value, " ", "")

DataSheet.ListObjects.Add(xlSrcRange, DataSheet.Range(DataSheet.Cells(1, 1), DataSheet.Cells(2, fnFinalColumn(DataSheet))), , xlYes).Name = ReportName

DataSheet.Range("A" & fnFinalRow(DataSheet) + 1).Value = "<deleterow>"

Set ReportSheet = WorkingBook.Sheets.Add

WorkingBook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=ReportName, Version:=xlPivotTableVersion10).CreatePivotTable TableDestination:=ReportSheet.Range("A1"), _

TableName:="Pivot" & ReportName, DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion10

ReportSheet.Select

ReportSheet.Name = ReportName

With ReportSheet.PivotTables("Pivot" & ReportSheet).PivotCache

.RefreshOnFileOpen = True

.MissingItemsLimit = xlMissingItemsNone

End With

End Sub

Function fnFinalRow(ByVal wsToTest As Worksheet) As Long

With wsToTest

fnLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

End With

End Function

Function fnFinalColumn(ByVal wsToTest As Worksheet) As Long

With wsToTest

fnLastColumn = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlUp).Row

End With

End Function

Now, the code looks correct to me but I am receiving an error on this line:

DataSheet.ListObjects.Add(xlSrcRange, DataSheet.Range(DataSheet.Cells(1, 1), DataSheet.Cells(2, fnFinalColumn(DataSheet))), , xlYes).Name = ReportName

Here is the error I am receiving.  I have stepped through the code and even set watches for Datasheet and checked that ReportName has a value (although ReportName being empty couldn't create that error).

What am I missing? is this something particular to Nprinting?

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What NPrinting version are you using? Can you attach your template?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that:

- Qlik NPrinting 16 supports the Office VBA macros in the meaning that you can save an .xlsm template with the VBA code. When Qlik NPrinting generates the report, it copies the VBA code from the template to the reports without executing the macros. The recipents must execute the macros by themselves or you can associate them with the opening event.

- Qlik NPrinting 17 at the moment (November 2017) doesn't support Office macros. The VBA code will not be copied into the generated reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
djbloiss
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ruggero, thank you for that information.  Is there plans for NPrinting 17 to eventually support .xlsm files?

However, in this case it doesn't effect me because I am not doing a .xlsm file.  The user will never get the code.  This is an add-in that I am creating that speeds up the creation of the templates and the end-user will never receive it.  Is this, still supported in NPrinting 17?

by the way I figured out my code.

djbloiss
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Lech,

I figured out the code.

djbloiss
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I accidentally replied to myself when I meant to reply to you; so my comment to you is below.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1 - at the moment I don0t know if and when it will be added

2 - I never tested, sorry. Please let us know the results of your tests. Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.