Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

VLOOKUP nprinting not working

Hi,

Below is my nPrinting VLOOKUP setup but after running the report, I only get the engine to evaluate the first record and not all records of the table. What am I missing in the setup?

My report has no levels.

vlookup.PNG

 I also tried by creating an expression in the Table in the App and referencing it but no luck despite disabling Keep source formats. The output repeats the formula but does not evaluate. How does one get native excel functions to evaluate in nPrinting

vlookup.PNG

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Long story short - vlookups and other excel based formulas work in NPrinting and both methods (level and excel named table) are good to populate all rows with it.

Now how to do it in your particular example? I don't know, as I dont have access to your environment, to your expressions, to your templates and actual formulas you have used. 

Good starting point would be to post:

• export of your template from NPrinting (there is export function in report section of admin console) (zip file)
  • result of your template output (excel file)
  • mockup of what you are trying to achieve... (also excel file)
  • screenshot of the properties panel

You must be making some trivial error there which prevents it from working... 

I dont have an access to working Qlik Sense & NPrinting environment at the moment so I cannot record a video , but I may use NPrinting 16 and QlikView to show sample of steps which have to be done in NPrinting to make this working. Since it is excel functionality it will not really matter that I have used different version of NPrinting....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You know what - since this should take a lot less time and effort just DM me and we can jump on quick video chat/screenshare where I will be able to guide you through the steps required to make it working... 

regards

L

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.