Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TobiasW
Partner - Contributor III

Warning - "Object not in Metadata" - but actually in Metadata

Hey guys,

after Updating Qlikview- and QlikNPrinting-Server to the newest version I got an interesting problem.

When I try to open the NPrinting-Designer  i get an Error Message: "The following report elements do not exist in the metadata" (translated from German) and gave me the option to delete all missing Obejcts.
The Preview and Task are running without an issue.

We reloaded the Metadata of the Connection -> No Error
Updating the Objects (Tables) in the Designer -> Message: Nothing new was found
We recreated the Objects and loaded the new IDs -> Error still accured

Anyone got an idea what the problem is?

I'm thankfull for every Tip you guys got for me! 😃

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@TobiasW 

This sounds like you may have object 'id' or nprinting 'tags' in your NPrinting report template that are no longer valid.

ie: <ch 187> (qlikview sample chart tag) or <KskzGx> qlik sense sample chart tag

If the object IDs have changed in your source QVW or QVF, then you must update your NP report template as well to reflect the object 'id' or nprinting 'tags' changes.

Check that out and let us know.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
TobiasW
Author

Thanks, but we already tried it and checked the IDs in the QVW, its all correct.

I mean its weird that it works fine in the preview and the Printed document. The Error only appear when we start the NPrinting-Designer. So the connection and IDs are fine, if I don't  overlook something...

Frank_S
Support
Support

@TobiasW 

• Can you share a screenshot of the behavior and the specific steps to reproduce? )Please redact any sensitive information if any.)
  • Also did you upgrade your NP designer when you upgraded your NP server? Both must be on the same version.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

@TobiasW  WHat happens if create a new connection (in a different app) to the same application and add these objects to a new Excel report? Do you have the same problem?

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
TobiasW
Author

@Andrea_Bertazzo Good Idea, honestly didn't tried it yet, gonna check it tomorrow

I try to get some Screenshots aswell tomorrow, thank you so far guys^^

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is it possible that at some stage you dragged object which is actually not used into report template, then deleted that object from left hand side object list and forgot about the tag being in template (maybe in hidden cell or hidden column or hidden sheet or simply maybe it has font colour the same as background colour?)

just a thought...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.