cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weekly Report with Dynamic Recipients

Qlikworld,

I have a report that is being run manually currently where a supervisor is made aware of an upcoming certification's expiration. The Excel that is generated lists the supervisor's email as one of the columns. I need to set up my v17 NPrinting task to email this report to a supervisor as well as an oversight group of people that will receive each email to monitor the process.

test.jpg

The supervisors change each week depending on the certifications that are expiring within 30 days. How can I set up dynamic recipients based on this report and email them individually without bulk-emailing all supervisors on a given report?

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

No, the recipents of a task are added manually during the task creation. After you can add other or remove recipients but always manually, not based on the content of the report.

In your case I suggest you to explore the use of conditions https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm. For example you could create a QlikView chart that has a line for each certificate that is expiring. Than you create a condition that tests if that char has rows.

Then you create a task, you add the report you want to send with the condition and add all the recipients. Of course each recipient should have its filters.

When the task is ran it will check the condition and send the report via email only to recipients that has certificates in the expiring period.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How disappointing that there isn't a more direct approach, but I will take this conditional suggestion and give it a try. I'll report back once I've done it to share how I got it to work.

Regards,

Jordan