Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

What is some useful information do you put in an NPrinting report besides the report data? (E.g. When the data was last updated etc)

Hello,

What is some useful information do you put in an NPrinting report besides the report data? (E.g. When the data was last updated etc)

E.g. You have designed a Sales report using data from multiple apps and there are various filteres applied to the report.

What would be some useful information for the user to know about the report that can be useful to put into a report?

I suppose it depends on the report but I was after some general good things to put in.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
sravankumarkaturi

Hi Michael,

Yes, It all depends on the standards and best practices you follow.

In my report i had Company logo (a top banner with logo in another report), some text describing the report, table of contents, urls to SharePoint/qlikview access points.

Its good to show the last updated time as well so that user know what data they are looking at.. if numbers don't match and they see last refresh date is old they will know they have stale data and need updated one

Thanks - sravan

If you feel this helped mark answer as correct or helpful

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree with Sravan - it all depends,

I am vary often in situation where users know exactly what are the reports constraints (like filters conditions etc) so very often i only include information about data reload (especially for QVD creation date). If report is having a dynamic content usually i put it in report header like:

Sales report for $(here i put variable region or state or postcode) as of $(COB)

....where COB is captured as closing of business for example as of yesterday....

I usually pack a lot of dynamic information in charts/tables titles subtitles and footnotes (qlik sense), caption and text in chart (QlikView).

If i distribute report by email i always provide contact email in href tag so person who has some doubts can contact nprinting or qlik analyst to review data...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.