Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is NPrinting Server not generating my reports?

Greetings everyone,

I'm having trouble making a scheduled .nsq file work in the NPrinting Server, it appears to be stuck at "Message Run Task".

Here is what i have done:

• Added the nsq file and folder of the project in NPrinting Server.

Capture1.PNG

• Pushed the start button at the bottom.

Canal.png

• Everything is looking good, except when the scheduled job starts to run, and the log is stuck at "Message Run Task" forever, and no report is ever generated. I was expecting it to open the QVW file, and start generating reports, but it just stays at "Message Run Task".

Log:

Capture.PNG

When i run the same NSQ file in NPrinting Designer, everything works ok and all reports are generated.

Can anyone help me?

I'm stuck at this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Susana Silva

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Ghirardello

Yes, I meant the Designer.

Ok, so:

- Did you activate the Server License?

- Did you activate a valid license of QlikView Desktop for the user used for running the QlikView NPrinting service?

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Andrea_Ghirardello

Hi, some suggestions/check to perform:

- make sure D:\ is not a mapped drive: they're not supported

- make sure reports are added to tasks, tasks are added to jobs, jobs to schedules, schedule timing is ok and all of the previous entities are enabled

- do not add nsq files in the ServiceConfig if you already added a folder that contains the nsq file itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your reply.

• Unfortunately D:\ is not a mapped drive, i even tried running the same scheduled nsq from other folder is C:\ Drive, changed every directory, and still the same response was generated. Stuck forever at "Message Run Task".
  • Everything seems ok, when i run the same scheduled job using the NPrinting Designer, it works. Only in Server is the problem.
  • I tried adding only the folder now, but the problem persists. Same response.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for helping.

Susana Silva

Andrea_Ghirardello

Regarding the point #2, what do you mean with "when i run the same scheduled job using the NPrinting Designer, it works"?

Do you mean that you select the job and click on "Run"? If so, you should click the "Start" button instead. What happen?

In this way QlikView NPrinting will manage schedules in a "scheduler" mode (=check the timing and run jobs contained in the schedules at the right time).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I meant i click the Start Button of the scheduled job, and it generates the reports without errors in about 2 min.

Andrea_Ghirardello

Ok, so please try to run a schedule using the Desktop application by clicking "Start" and see what happen.

If nothing happens, it's probably due to wrong configuration of the schedule.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you mean through using NPrinting Designer?

Using the designer i already pushed the Start Button, and it runs correctly, generating the reports without errors.

Not applicable
Author

Did you click "Start" or "Run"?

"Start" will activate the Scheduler which will execute schedules at some specified time in the future.

"Run" will execute schedules immediately.

If you can send a copy of the desktop log file, that may provide some hints.

Best

Aran

Andrea_Ghirardello

Yes, I meant the Designer.

Ok, so:

- Did you activate the Server License?

- Did you activate a valid license of QlikView Desktop for the user used for running the QlikView NPrinting service?

Not applicable
Author

if you have the designer on the server, I would suggest running the task from designer to see what happens.  Make sure you are logged in to the server as the user the nprinting service is running under.

make sure the user the nprinting service is running under is not the same as the qlikview user - it should be a dedicated user, but also needs to ahve access to all of the qlikview applications

manually running the task from designer on server will let you know if you ar having access isues - it will run the task9s) which then will run the reports.  If all works there, your issue could then be in the job or scheduled