Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why should i upgrade NPrinting/QlikView and QlikSense from older versions?

Hi QlikCommunity.

I thought this was the best place to search for great arguments on "Why you should upgrade to the newest version of Qlik".

I'm interested in knowing why an upgrade (and which one) have been important for you (and your company).

The versions i have right now are:

QlikView 12.1 SR6
NPrinting November 2017
Sense 3.2 SR4

I want to upgrade to the newest version (November 2018) but before doing that, it would be really helpful if some of you could enlighten me on the benefits.

Cheers

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will not try to answer your question why you should upgrade and enlighten all benefits.  

I quess you should find it usefull by yourself. If you are not searching for improvements, new features, bug fixes etc stay where you are and don't upgrade, else i suggest to read release notes of each version which comes out and then you will see what each new version brings to the table - for me this is usually the reason to upgrade (new features or existing bug fixes).

Just by looking at numbers of new features in each release i personally can't wait to try and see new version each time it comes out. If you don't see that need, then i guess you don't need to upgrade.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You should always keep your installation of Qlik NPrinting alligned the latest version because:

1 You benefit of all solved bugs that all newer versions have

1.5 Bugs are always and only fixed on latest version. No bug fixes are applied to older version and if you have an issue that seems a bug it is unuseful to investigate it on an old version.

2 You benefit of the new features that a newer version has. 

I think these are general benefit of new versions of all software, not only Qlik products.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.