cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must enable at least one engine before generating the connection cache

Hi,

Sorry if this is a somethiong simple but our QlikView Administrator has lefty the company and we are trying to fill the gap before he is replaced.

A user is receiving the "You must enable at least one engine before generating the connection cache" message, we have checked and restarted the NPrinting services in the below order but the message still appears.

Start Services Order

QlikNPrintingMessagingService

QlikNPrintingScheduler

QlikNPrintingWebEngine

QlikNPrintingEngine

QlikNPrintingRepoService

We are running NPrinting 17.2 and no changes have been made to the system.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I can also not access the web front end, the administrator said he had setup an account but cannot login using Windows Authentication which is the method used.

Any help welcome

5 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

You can only access the engine manager from the front end under Admin->Engine Manager

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Tell your admin that there should be NPrinting account which can be used with NPrinitng login - the login would be an email  and password was created during NPrinting installation.

You need to have an access to Admin console to proceed further.

hope this helps

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

Try to restart all the services and Server as well then you will get the issue out of it. even i faced so many times this issue.

Best

Chanty

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thankyou for your responses. However our issue is the Admin has left the business and the accounts he said were created do not seem to work. The accounts were not created using our email addresses so cannot reset passwords, we were meant to be using Windows Authentication.

Can anyone help with an alternate method than has been previously suggested as we log into the front end.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ian,

• Do you know your NPrinting DB repository password?
  • How many reports do you have in your current NPrinting setup

I know it sounds crazy - but without repository password you will not be able to upgrade or move forward as at some point you will be forced to change your NPrinting setup and you will loose more.

If you know repository passowrd then we can try some other things which i am testing now.

Otherwise you have 2 options:

• get in touch with person who left business and get it fixed
  • star over from scratch

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.