Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twixMiller0113
Contributor III
Contributor III

barcode isn't appearing correctly in nprinting when previewing as PDF

Hello,

I have created a report that has a barcode in it. I've input the formula, ="*"&B9&"*", into a cell and set the font to Code39HalfInch-Regular. When previewing as PDF, it returns the following :

twixMiller0113_0-1630414001541.png

My team has tried adding the font, Code39HalfInch-Regular, to the servers that have qlik sense and nprinting but that didn't help either. Here is the nprinting version we are using:

twixMiller0113_1-1630414212276.png

Any ideas? Please let me know if any additional information is needed...Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to install the font on all computers where you are running Qlik NPrinting Engines.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to install the font on all computers where you are running Qlik NPrinting Engines.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
twixMiller0113
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero, 

Thanks for your response. We have the font installed on all computers and all servers but it's still not working. 

twixMiller0113
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero, 

Thanks for your response. We have the font installed on all computers and all servers but it's still not working. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to remove the check at the option "Keep source format" in the template (I suppose you are working on an Excel template) and then format the cell with the font you need using Excel formatting features.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
twixMiller0113
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I unchecked the 'Keep Source Formats' but unfortunately it still isn't working..

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @twixMiller0113

Check the following as this 'may' apply to your situation:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
twixMiller0113
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Frank_S thanks for your response! The font type we installed was a '.tff'

Leigh

Frank_S
Support
Support

@twixMiller0113

Can you PM me the font file?

I can do a quick test.

ps: I'll be back in the office on Tuesday.

If  needed please start a support request if Ruggero's solution isnt working.

In the meantime, try restarting the NPrinting Engines after installing the font on the NP engine computer (I saw that Engine and server are on the same computer in your case).

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Frank_S . If possible share with use the .ttf you are using and the template with just one not working example so we can try to reproduce the issue and search for a solution.

If you cannot share those information here please create a support ticket with all the details to reproduce the problem.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero