Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cma1
Contributor II
Contributor II

can't select connection in report (dropdown list missing)

Hello,

In the documentation and in the article below, we can see that it is possible to create NPrinting reports from more than one Qlik Sense Apps. I use Nprinting Sept. 2020 (Version : 20.31.2.0).

Link : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-Multi-Document-Reports/ta-p/1787134/highlight/true

As you can see in the screenshot below, the connection's list can't be extended.

Do you also encounter this problem ? Is it corrected in later version  ?

Thanks by advance for help.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

I think when you create two different connections( to point to multiple sense apps) under a same nprinting app, they show up in the drop down you pointed out. Do you have two or more connections in the same nprinting app?

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @cma1

It is likely that you are not seeing a defect but rather the following:

To use 'multiple documents' in a report, each report connection must be in the same NPrinting App.

Your example seems to indicate that you only have one NP connection the your NPrinting App.

In this example below you see 3 connections (they are all in the same NPrinting App)

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

I think when you create two different connections( to point to multiple sense apps) under a same nprinting app, they show up in the drop down you pointed out. Do you have two or more connections in the same nprinting app?

Digvijay_Singh

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @cma1

It is likely that you are not seeing a defect but rather the following:

To use 'multiple documents' in a report, each report connection must be in the same NPrinting App.

Your example seems to indicate that you only have one NP connection the your NPrinting App.

In this example below you see 3 connections (they are all in the same NPrinting App)

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
cma1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your response.

I have got just one application linked and I don't know where we can add another app because in the report page, there is just one drop-down list :

cma1_1-1647622191676.png

cma1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much Franck for your very quick response.

I feel really stupid... I understand now where we can do this configuration.

I've tested it according to your explainations and I can see the dropDown list now.

Have a nice week-end.

Céline.

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries Céline!

Cheers!...fs

Frank_S
Support
Support

New Article