Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fallenangel6
Creator
Creator

can we generate report in nprinting 16.2 SR2 with individual passwords?

i have a requirement to generate word documents through nprinting but with each document having individual password.

can we generate this report in nprinting 16.2 SR2 ?

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,
Obviously it is hard to answer your question as you are running unsupported version of software. But you can check following:
under recipients - do you have section called: Report Security?
If you do - then you can use it to setup security on reports in publish task

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The answer to your question is documented here https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Manage-Password-Protection-for-Report-...

Please update your installation to latest 16 series version, the 16.9 to benefit of all solved bugs. Start also to plan the migration to latest 19 series.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
fallenangel6
Creator
Creator
Author

yes i can see this option. i want to make passwords for individuals based on their pincode. how can i do that? pincode is available in the qvw as a field for individual ids
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

QlikView NPrinting 16 can import users from QlikView documents. Refer to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Import-Recipients-from-QlikView-Docume...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
fallenangel6
Creator
Creator
Author

i want to load individual passwords along with recipients from the excel and use these for each user while generating report.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

setup your task chain so first it imports recipients from whatever source you want to use and imports them with te passwords you want to use and as a subsequent task run your report. It can mean that before each task you will have to re-import users to update their passwords

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fallenangel6
Creator
Creator
Author

I've done the same and imported recipients using task and then run the report task but somehow the report sent to users can be opened without any password. i think I'm missing out some setting. I've enabled the report security option and have set it to protect using recipient password but yet i get report without password enabled. i can see the password in the recipient detail but its not getting applied to the main report.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Adding the password to the recipient is not enough to send password protected reports. You must also configure the password protection in the task configuration as show in the tutorial https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Manage-Password-Protection-for-Report-...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero