cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator

cant find a supporting reporting template

I have been working since all morning and suddently nprint became unresponsive,I force closed it and now when i try to open it,i get this error. Any idea how to reopen the template and not loose my work?

clipboard_image_0.png

nprint version: June 2019

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator
Author

The issue is only with one template,I have a backup of a older version of the report,so i was able to import and continue working on it. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @nvrphanikumar 

• Are you able to perform an 'export' of the report using the following method?
  • https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import-exp...
  • Did you recently migrate the file using this method, from a different NPrinting environment?
  • Check the exported zip file and extract a copy of the pptx file, try to open it. Does it open?
  • If yes then it is healthy and is not corrupted. (note: If you cannot open it then the file may have become corrupted and may need to be recreated in a new report).
  • Then try to import the report again using the steps in the link above. 

Does this help to resolve the issue? If no, check the following article for additional options.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000034941

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Its in the same environment,no exports/imports involved at all.

I have worked for few hours in the morning, it was not responsive,i had to force close it and then when i try to open i couldnt.

I followed your instructions, Exported the template,unzipped it,opened the ppt, PPt didnt open with an error saying it found a problem with the content and given me an option to repair.I tried repairing,saving it,zipping it and then importing it again as a template but that didnt help.

I guess i will have to recreate the report from scratch.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @nvrphanikumar 

I'm sorry to hear that.

As a best practice in case you may have an antivirus on your system, that you follow this article:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000029139

Another best practice is to perform regular backups of your NPrinting environment in case you need to restore to a previous state entirely due to a corrupted server or some other problem with your production environment that might result in the necessity of a restore. This should ideally be part of your organization's disaster recovery plan.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000032251

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This error message usually appears when you don't have installed a supported version of the Microsoft Office product used by the Qlik NPrinting Designer to edit the templates. It is also possible that you have a problem with the Microsoft Office installation. 

In general I suggest you to check that your Office is supported in the help site and reinstall it. Remember that you must install Excel, PowerPoint and Word in all computers used to edit Qlik NPrinting templates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator
Author

The issue is only with one template,I have a backup of a older version of the report,so i was able to import and continue working on it.