Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wil18
Contributor II
Contributor II

create an object filter on NPRINTING to display the TOP 10 without using qliksense

Hi everyone, I am working on NPRINTING right now. I have a chart that I am attaching to my application

Wil18_0-1657507296292.png

and I would like to create a NPRINTING object filter so that I can display the TOP 5 without going through the modification of my chart on QLIKSENSE

Wil18_1-1657507350725.png

Is it possible ?
If yes how to proceed, thank you for any help.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi, 

yes - you can use advanced search filter  for that purpose. Obviously it depends how the chart was written, what is dimension and measure etc. 

In simple terms if you have sales by customer you could write expression like below to show top 5:

Advanced search: =[Customer]=sum({<[Customer]={"=rank(aggr(sum([Sales]),[Customer])) <= 5"}>} [Sales]) 

Important thing to understand is that Advanced Search filter can be affected by other filters in the NPrinting as it may be applied on top of other filters hence on data set already affected. Think that through when designing the solution. 

More on advanced search filters you will find in https://help.qlik.com or on my blog here: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can create a Qlik NPrinting filter that uses Advanced Search:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1657538070222.png

The formula is =If(Aggr(Rank(Sum(Sales)),Customer)<=10,1) so it returns 1 if a customer is in the Top 10

Advanced Search uses the Qlik Sense advanced search syntax, so it is more a Qlik Sense question about how to create the advanced search.

Add the table in the template with the object filter:

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1657538223077.png

Run a preview:

Ruggero_Piccoli_2-1657538292154.png

The table on the right is filtered with the object filter and has 10 rows. The table on the left is complete.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi, 

yes - you can use advanced search filter  for that purpose. Obviously it depends how the chart was written, what is dimension and measure etc. 

In simple terms if you have sales by customer you could write expression like below to show top 5:

Advanced search: =[Customer]=sum({<[Customer]={"=rank(aggr(sum([Sales]),[Customer])) <= 5"}>} [Sales]) 

Important thing to understand is that Advanced Search filter can be affected by other filters in the NPrinting as it may be applied on top of other filters hence on data set already affected. Think that through when designing the solution. 

More on advanced search filters you will find in https://help.qlik.com or on my blog here: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can create a Qlik NPrinting filter that uses Advanced Search:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1657538070222.png

The formula is =If(Aggr(Rank(Sum(Sales)),Customer)<=10,1) so it returns 1 if a customer is in the Top 10

Advanced Search uses the Qlik Sense advanced search syntax, so it is more a Qlik Sense question about how to create the advanced search.

Add the table in the template with the object filter:

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1657538223077.png

Run a preview:

Ruggero_Piccoli_2-1657538292154.png

The table on the right is filtered with the object filter and has 10 rows. The table on the left is complete.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Wil18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  thank you a lot, it's perfect for me. 

Have a nice day

Wil18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your help @Ruggero_Piccoli it's perfect. 

Have a nice day