Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohan
Contributor II
Contributor II

cycle expansion produces empty filter in nprint pixel perfect feb 2019 release

Hi Team,

I get below error when I apply filter to nprint report in pixel perfect feb 2019 release

"cannot expand cycle or level.cycle expansion produces empty filter"

Regards, Mohan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI Team,

Thank you everyone for response. I resolved the issue. The issue was I used complete set "1" in the measure set analysis and was the root cause for the issue. I removed the complete set in the measure columns and nprint report is working good.

Thank you all.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check your source application associated with the NP connection and open it directly. 

Check if the field is available in the source application. If yes, reload the NPrinting connection metadata and try again. It may work after an NP metadata reload.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Mohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your answer. I tried as you said. But still get the same error.

I have nested levels (2 levels) as in the attached screenshot. Your assistance appreciated.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Mohan 

I've done some digging regarding your issue. Your recent image posted was the information I needed to proceed.

If you have a calculated dimension as a level, then you cannot add nested levels within it.

• Tables that have calculated dimensions or null values can be used as levels in the template editor, however it is not supported to place any objects or additional 'nested' levels within them. Error indicating this usage limitation: "ERROR: Cannot expand cycle or level. Cycle expansion produces an empty filter"

For more information, please visit the article below.

NPrinting Filter Rules and Limitations

To work around this you may consider moving your calculated dimension to your load script (assuming of course you in fact do use a calculated dimension as a level).

Sorry I can give you better news on this. This has been brought to R&Ds attention previously and the suggested workaround is the only solution for the time being.

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Mohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI Team,

Thank you everyone for response. I resolved the issue. The issue was I used complete set "1" in the measure set analysis and was the root cause for the issue. I removed the complete set in the measure columns and nprint report is working good.

Thank you all.