cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III

display all selections with getfieldselections

I'm using the function GetFieldSelections() in nprinting to show the selected filters in my qliksense app.   Nprinting is only showing the selected values that contains data.  Example: 2 filters period and country:  if i select April 2019 for period and country US and Belgium as countries and there is only data for US in April 2019 the nprinting report will only show US.   We need to display what is selected in the filters on the nprinting reports.   When I use that same function in Qliksense it displays both countries .

21 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you created a Formula in the Qlik NPrinting template with the getcurrentselections() function?

Qlik NPrinting doesn't evaluate Formulas, it send them to Qlik Sense (or QlikView) that calculates the result and send them back to Qlik NPrinting. 

So, if you apply the same filters in Qlik NPrinting and in Qlik Sense the getcurrentselections() returns the same string. I suggest you to check the filters.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Also remember that your filters result is an intersection of: Task,report and user filter + section access (if used)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I created a formula in nprinting and I'm using the function getfieldselections.  Attached a screenshot of the qliksense app where I added the same formula for testing.  As you can see in qliksense it displays Unknown and invalid while in nprinting output it displays only unknown because there is no data for invalid for the selected period.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you sure that both formulas are exactly the same?

Could you post a screenshot of each one?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To see all your selections in Qlik Sense and NPrinting it would be great if you could also put this expression and surface it in both systems:

=GetCurrentSelections(CHR(10),':',',',100)

2019-05-28_22-41-15.png

This will give us overview of all filters being selected (like on screenshot).

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

screenshot of both formulas

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well this just proves that you have the same formulas.. How do you know that you actually applied the same filters? Did you check logs for what filters are applied? 

As per my previous suggestion get current selections object in Qlik sense and place it as image in your report.. That will confirm what selections are applied.

I have just tested it both with QlikView and Qlik Sense and it works as it should. 

To me it looks like your selection in NPrinitng is not including  "INVALID" value?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

So, now only filters can be different between Qlik NPrinting and Qlik Sense.

For example, you could remove all filters from both and run a report preview. Then you could start to add filters one-by-one and run a report preview at every step to understand which one create the difference.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks a lot for all info I received.  Attached the screenshot in the app and in nprinting for =GetCurrentSelections(CHR(10),':',',',100)

I don't know why invalid is not in the filterselection in nprinting.  For the result it doesn't matter because there is no data for invalid  but the users want to see in the filtercriteria the selections that they have made in the report.