cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III

display all selections with getfieldselections

I'm using the function GetFieldSelections() in nprinting to show the selected filters in my qliksense app.   Nprinting is only showing the selected values that contains data.  Example: 2 filters period and country:  if i select April 2019 for period and country US and Belgium as countries and there is only data for US in April 2019 the nprinting report will only show US.   We need to display what is selected in the filters on the nprinting reports.   When I use that same function in Qliksense it displays both countries .

21 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You hit the nail in the head with this, but there are not many options. For the sake of integrity of this Qlik Sense application you may want to stay away from island table, but to be frank, island tables seem to be the only solution which can work in such scenario. 

As selections passed by OnDemand to NPrinitng will only pass intersected records the only way to pass that through would be through data island table...

My approach for that would be for example like this:

• island date field to apply selection: date_island
  • expression example: 

sum({<date=P(date_island)>}Sales)​

• selection display: GetFieldSelections(date_island)

Use of variables in this case may not be the most efficient as they still need to be working of some field selections with OnDemand.

In short there is only one option at the moment which will work and it involves island tables. As you mentioned it is not the best solution for the sake of calculations and modeling perspective, but at the same time I cannot see it working in any other way if you still want to pass the exact values from selection to your GetFieldSelections function.

thats all i can add to it.

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Sai_Ice04
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you so much @Lech_Miszkiewicz. Appreciate the confirmation! 

Sai