Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
febridwi
Partner - Contributor III

error NP connection "The specified identity can open the document"

Hi All,

I'm running on NP project. I installed NP package on server1 while Qlikview Server package already exist on server2. All of NP installation is done, and I followed the best practice. But when I tried to create connection with source: QlikView ; Type: server the I 'Run verification', there any red cross on "The specified identity can open the document". 

I checked the windows user account between servic NP & QV are different. And I also checked windows security windows account on  QV server is already alocated.

Does any have idea? Please advice. I already log a case to support Qlik but doesn't answer yet.

Regards,

Febri.

6 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

Is it possible that the document contains section access and the user running the NPrinting services is not included?

Cheers,

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
febridwi
Author

@Albert_Candelario Your guess is correct, the document is include section access and I checked the security on mentioned file my NP account service already set within that file. 

I also try to give 'requires authentication' but doesn't work, either Server authentication or document authentication

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the QlikView server are you sure that the Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows services is authorized to open the document?

If you log into the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer and run QlikView Desktop with the user that runs the Engine service are you able to open the document?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

To supplement @Ruggero_Piccoli comments, please visit the following articles to assist you with details to troubleshoot and resolve this particular verification issue. 

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000033911

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000028729

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
febridwi
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Question 1: Yes, I checked the domain and also ping the IP

Question 2: It able open the qvw document. Is it mater to open the document without using 'Open in server' feature? I used to access the QV server by its IP then I open the those qvw with QV Desktop on NP Server.

As you can see on pic I attached

Regards.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

Do you did SHIFT+right click over Qv.exe in the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer, Runa as a different user, inserted the domain user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service and opened the .qvw on the QlikView server?

Did you checked that the user has access to the .qvw via QlikView Management Console?

If you saved the connection is the cache generated?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.