Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

excel

hi guys

I need to reproduce this graph in Nprinting...would be easy if I needed to create a Ppt file, but I need to do this in excel.

all help appreciated thanksCapture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
squeakie_pig
Contributor

Re: excel

What about adding it as an image?  It might not have the title, but should have the chart.

9 Replies
vinieme12
Esteemed Contributor II

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

here you go...

I dont have experience with Pixcel perfect...would that be an option? !

squeakie_pig
Contributor

What about adding it as an image?  It might not have the title, but should have the chart.

giakoum
Honored Contributor II

There are 2 ways to create an excel report in Nprinting :

- Using native excel charts

- Using images from QlikView

Both options are fairly easy, use option 1 if you have good excel knowledge and option 2 if you are better in QlikView.

Instrauctions on how to you can easily find : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.2/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateExcelReports/Create-Excel-R...

vinieme12
Esteemed Contributor II

I hope you know how to create a connection to the QVW file (.nsq)

Go to Reports >>    Excel Reports >>

Images >>Add Object >>

Select the chart >> the excel will now have a <tag> with the                                                                                object name

242238_nprint.PNG

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Thank you Vineesh

mkelemen
Contributor III

Hi,

such chart is possible in excel - the problem is creating the chart in the NPrinting template and making it work after the data is inserted to excel.

You have to create the chart in template using the whole rows. Then replace the first two lines with the nprinting placeholders. Uncheck the Expand range for the table. This way the values you have there will be replaced by data from QV and not pushed down.

Make sure you do not touch the chart after this step. Otherwise it will change the input range and you can start over.

My advice is to make sure there are no children or people easily offended by bad language when you try to do this

BR,

Matus

np_242238.JPG

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Thank you

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Very good feedback thank you Matus,

My vocabulary has considerably extended since using Nprinting anyway, but I will be sure to steer clear of children and frail people ☺

Thanks again

Community Browser