cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

exporting text column to excel reports

Hi, i have tried to export text column to excel reports, as the length of the text content i have to merge cells so that can display the information properly. but the result is always in not merged cells ( same single cell format as the original cell format). is there any thing i need to pay attention to when exporting cell or column or table to merged cells? thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Ronald,

Merged cells in Excel templates are not keept merged in the produced report.

Could you enlarge the columns instead?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

1.PNGCapture.PNGHi,

Enable word wrap cell text object - qlik chart presentation side then it should work in N printing (in excel nprint make sure that keep source format & wrap text check box enabled). thanks

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Devarasu,

My issue is that I want to merged my cells, but in the Nprint process, my excel template has been un-merged.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Ronald,

Table / table image excel report - Merge cell its not possible, you can merge cell by using pivot table option

How to Create an Excel PivotTable Report

Thanks,Deva

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

to make it more clearly,

the template is as below

Template.PNG

and my expectation is

Expectation.PNG

but the actual result isActual output.PNG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Ronald,

Merged cells in Excel templates are not keept merged in the produced report.

Could you enlarge the columns instead?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Piccoli,

I think I reached the same conclusion after a few attempts. I won't be able to wider the column as the formatting issue. but I manage to use variable to display the information instead. thanks